Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 PM

Default unable to get submit to accept

Hello. Felt I had solved three puzzles. Submit would not accept so used first hint and no blue letters. How can this be? Anyone else have this problem? Puzzle Baron never responded to two messages.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:23 PM

I did. Really annoying.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Administrator

Hi tilton/EMG -

There is a known issue with hints not working if you have only one or two errors on the board and the entire grid filled. I have a fix ready for this, but we're about to head out for Thanksgiving week with family and I don't want to risk releasing new code right before I leave just in case there's an unforeseen problem with it. I may be able to install the patch sometime this week but if not it will definitely happen before December 1st.

In the meantime, I know it's dumb, but if you happen to get stuck at the end of a puzzle and your solution isn't accepted, try deleting one or two letters on the board and then ask for a hint. It should work then and show you where the mistakes are.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 AM

That's what I do when that happens -- I'll delete a word then hit HINT and I can usually figure it out then.