Go Back   Acrostic Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion

Old 11-02-2018, 05:39 PM

I doubt it.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:43 PM

I wish there were a "like" button to, um, like what Tica, Rachaar and DogMa have said.

Through practice, some of us really are that good. You can be that good as well if you invest the time. Through time, you can learn the "language" involved and your scores will improve.

And perhaps when you get there, you'll realize that there's no cheating involved. Those of us who do well here are basically competing against ourselves. Not you.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:03 PM

Thumbs up

I agree about the Like button. And apparently some people are just negative, but there's not much we can do about that except enjoy the puzzles and get on with our lives. Sticks and stones . . . . . .
Old 11-19-2018, 02:33 AM

I don't cheat. I don't use 2 accounts. I don't call up puzzles by number. What I do is utilize the potential within each puzzle. For example, using the first letter of each answer to find the author or title. [b]If there are 6 clues & the first answer begins with "A", I immediately think of Amy Tan. 7 clues: Ayn Rand. 9 clues: Aristotle (but usually only after I solve a few other clues for confirmation). That's one "secret". The others are almost seven decades of accumulated knowledge & the fact that I've used this site for so long that I get numerous repeats. If the conspiracy theorists who doubt this spent less time dreaming up sinister plots & more time actually playing the game, their scores would improve.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:46 AM

For the record, I just broke one that was set by one of what I have begun to call the Fantastic Four. Only by 2 seconds, but I didn't cheat!
Old 11-23-2018, 10:00 AM

I've not had a record score (yet), but I have come very very close numerous times. No cheating required.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:49 AM

Smile Exactly Average

I have not seen the blue recently but did see the average at the very top yesterday.