Old 03-14-2018, 12:47 AM
Default Right answer but doesn't accept

Yesterday I completed a puzzle, unfortunately did not get the number, but the quote was from the book Habari Safari:

"The Land Rover or Volkswagen bus you are in - with an alert driver - is really all the protection you have, or need...."

I solved it correctly but it refused to accept it. I checked against the actual source, not just word for word buy letter by letter, my solution was correct.

What to do when this happens?

My score for this month now wrongly shows me as not completing all puzzles.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:06 PM
Default I just get over it

I've learned to just get over it-- there seem to be little glitches that pop up, especially if you're using an iPad. This is the second time in three months that I've checked my stats and it says that I missed one puzzle, when I know that I've completed every one that I've done (I am obsessive about never leaving a puzzle unsolved, even if I need to use all of the hints and only get 10 points). Actually, I have found that it takes some pressure off if you're playing for medals, because you are basically out of the running unless you're a 100% solver.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:13 PM

So the people who solved it, some in absurd times, were ...lucky?
Old 03-18-2018, 08:20 PM

I have no idea re the people who solved it. i only know what happened to me. it was word for word, letter for letter, correct.

the error is nto in the solve rate shown, that is correct, but the unsolved resulted from the system not accepting a correct solution.